Wellness Wednesday: Things to Think About
I keep learning new things. I continue to evolve in my thinking about what wellness is and what it means to different people. Geez, humans are complex. And ever-changing.
I think a first step is we need to BELIEVE that personal and community health matter and that it makes a difference. I believe we need to actively pursue wellness, and find fun and simple ways to incorporate that thinking into our daily lives; stepping outside, breathing deeply, smiling to greet others, sipping a hot beverage, skipping (dare you), laughing, learning.
Wellness is roughly defined today as POISSEE: Physical, Occupational, Intellectual, Social, Spiritual, Emotional, Environmental Health.
What does LBCC do to support your/our health and wellness?
Here’s a smattering of some of the cool, amazing and random things LB has to support wellness. Take your pick. (NOTE: Most of these notes are gathered from talking with first year students in HD120 classes)
- Free parking
- Culinary Arts providing amazing food daily in Albany!
- Writing Center
- Wellness Trail around Albany campus
- Center for Accessibility Resources (CFAR)
- Roast Runners in Albany, Uphill Grind at HOC
- Benton Center Acoustical Showcase
- Math help
- Counseling ervices (in Advising Center)
- Helpful instructors
- LBCC choir
- Reasonable tuition
- Work experiences on and off campus
- Health and hysical activity classes (for credit!)
- Student Clubs/Student Leadership
- A new disc golf course (starts near sand volleyball courts)
- Drop-in Albany weight room hours
- Free bus service between Corvallis, Albany, Lebanon, etc.
- Advising Center/Advising
- Campus store
Study Jam this weekend!
Benton Center (Corvallis): Saturday December 3 10am-4pm LCC RM 222
Albany Campus: Learning Center Saturday Dec 3 10am-6pm, Sunday Dec 4 from 12-4pm
Have a great LONG break from classes. Good luck on finals.
Image by storyset on Freepik