LBCC Budget Projects Personnel Reduction and Tuition Increase
Earlier this month, LBCC President Greg Hamann sent an email campus-wide addressing some of the budgeting challenges LB will be facing due to the economic impacts of COVID-19.
Below is the original PDF that was shared college-wide.
At a glance
- Current enrollment is down 7.5%, and it’s difficult to tell yet how much lower the enrollment will fall in the next biennium.
- State Aid is expected to decrease by 17% for all community colleges in Oregon in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Tuition is expected to increase by a net of 10% during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- LBCC will utilize nearly $2 million of in reserves.
- LBCC will reduce nearly $3 million in expenditures, mostly manifesting as reductions in personnel.