🎃 A Beavers home game will be in the midst of festivities Oct. 29. For more information, including schedules and tickets, visit OSUBeavers.com.
🎃 On Oct. 29, a Halloween Ball and costume party will be held at the Corvallis Elks Lodge. Event is only for those 21 and older, tickets are $7.50 at the door.
🎃 On Oct. 21, 28 & 29 starting at 6 p.m., the Trolley of Terror will be riding around all of Albany for a “Better-than-a-haunted-house” haunted tour! Tickets are just $10 for adults and $5 for children. To make a reservation, please call (541)-928-0911.
🎃 “City of the Dammed” will be open Oct. 29 from 6 to 10 p.m. in Corvallis with the “Grimm Beaver” presiding. Be sure to visit the full show on Halloween night. For more information visit CityOfTheDammed.com.
🎃 On Halloween day from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., “The Haunting of The Majestic Theatre” is offering a kid-friendly haunted house experience, featuring a guided tour of their 103 year-old haunted theater. Tickets are $3. Majestic Theatre, 115 SW 2nd St, Corvallis.
🎃 Wild West Events is throwing a “Boo Boogie Bash”, offering Bareback, saddle Bronc & Bull Riding, Barrel Racing and Mutton. The event is on Oct. 22 at the Linn County Fairgrounds, starting at 7:20 p.m. For more information, call 541-895-5335.
🎃 VIP ghost hunt experience of Monteith House in Albany will take place on Oct. 22, from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. VIPs will be joined by experienced paranormal investigators and learn how to use various pieces of ghost hunting equipment. A paranormal investigation of the Monteith House will ensue. Call 541-928-0911 for more information.
🎃 On Oct. 29, starting at 10 a.m. Sweet Home Zombie Zoup run is having a two-mile fun run, raising money for Sunshine Industries, a center for special needs individuals. It is located at the Jim Riggs Community Center, 880 18th Ave. Call 541-367-5128 or visit www.zombiezouprun.weebly.com if you have any questions.
🎃 Halloween Nosh Tour: Oct. 29, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., wine and dine your way through the evening at many great restaurants in the local area. 21 and older, tickets are $45 dollars each For more information call 541-928-0911 or visit www.albanyvisitors.com.
🎃 Albany First Assembly will be hosting a Glow show, a safe and fun free event for the whole family, there will be candy, glow sticks, prizes, music, and inflatables. Oct. 31 at 6 p.m. is when the party starts at 2817 Santiam Hwy SE, Albany.
🎃 Millersburg Morningstar Grange will be hosting a haunted house fundraiser held at the grange; tours will be open on Oct. 28 through 31 from 7 to 1p.m. $5 at the door or cans for the food drive.
🎃 More family friendly options include the many pumpkin patches in the area, such as Bose Family Farm, The Melon Shack corn mazes, and Davis Family Farm! These farms include pumpkins, corn mazes, and much more!
Events compiled by Hannah Buffington.
The Commons Cafeteria Menu 10/12-10/18
- Wednesday: Fettucine w/Calms & Saffron Cream Sauce, Grilled Stead w/Bearnaise*, Tempeh Enchiladas*. Soups: Italian Sausage, Grilled Vegetable*. Salads: Northwest Turkey, Northwest Vegetarian.
- Thursday: Kalua Pork w/Steamed Rice*, Pan Fried Chicken Cutlet, Grilled Polenta w/Arugula Pesto. Soups: Shrimp & Corn Chowder, African Sweet Potato. Salads: Mediterranean Platter w/Sliced Meats, Mediterranean Vegetable Platter.
- Monday: Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict, Grilled Chicken w/Apricot Chutney*, Pumpkin Lasagna. Soups: French Onion*, Cream of Broccoli. Salads: Spinach w/Seasonal Fruit and Nuts.
- Tuesday: Mediterranean Fish en Papillote*, Prime Rib w/Jus, Falafel. Soups: Potato, Sausage & Kale*, Grilled Vegetable. Salads: Thai Beef, Thai Vegetable.
The menu is subject to change without notice. Items denoted with an asterisk are gluten-free. The Commons is open Monday through Friday, from 10am to 1:15pm.
LBCC Volleyball Schedule
- Wednesday, Oct. 26 against Mt. Hood in Gresham, Ore., 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 28 against Clark at LBCC, 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 4 against Umpqua at LBCC, 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 5 against Southwestern Oregon at LBCC, 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 against Lane at LBCC, 6:30 p.m.